Translate

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Tulips

I wrote a little short story that I wanted to share.

In the back of my house, I have a garden. A few years ago I planted some flowers to make it look a bit more lively. Over the past few years, all the flowers have grown, budded, died, and came back the next year.

All except one.

One flower just didn't grow. It grew a bit, and then just died. I had no clue what was going on. I tried watering it more, cutting back the other plants to give it some more sunlight, everything. But it didn't work.

Year after year it would grow just a little bit, and then die.

So finally I was going to put it out of its misery, but my neighbor convinced me to stop. To wait. Just a little bit more, she said. Just one more year.

This morning I went into the garden to water the plants, and then I saw it. Sitting in the center of the other flowers, there it was.

The flower that had been doomed from the start, the flower that never grew had budded.
It had finally grown.

Did you like it?



No comments:

Post a Comment